ECDIS is a course for officers in charge of navigational watch.
After the course participants should be able to use ECDIS to maintain the safety of navigation.
Duration of the course is 3 days (24hrs) and the maximum number of participants is 12.
The course covers theoretical topics and simulator exercises such as:
- Introduction to IMO resolutions
- Knowledge of ECDIS’ and functions
- Understanding ENC data
- Proficiency in operations, interpretations and analysis of information obtained from ECDIS
- Control completeness of chart data and chart updates
- Use of system configuration and back up files
- Use of log files
In order to receive Document of Evidence the participants must pass a written and practical examination.
The course is in accordance with NMA’s guidelines based upon STCW A-II/1, A-II/2 and A-II/3 and IMO Model Courses 1.27.