The course is aimed at maritime officers on semi-submersible rigs that wish to practice on DP and POSMOOR operations. The course is only held upon formal request.
Participants must have maritime education on management level before participating.
After the course participants will have an increased understanding of DP and POSMOOR systems as well as safe and efficient DP and POSMOOR operations. In addition participants should have an increased understanding of ballast and stability.
Duration of the course is 5 days (28 hours in simulator) and the maximum number of participants is 6
The course covers theoretical subjects such as:
- Rules and regulations
- DP and POSMOOR systems, possibilities and limitations
- Position reference systems; DARPS, APOS, Artemis, Radius and HiPap
The course covers simulator exercises that covers:
- Training on DP systems based on incidents with DP system failure, thruster failure, partly and completely black out, engine brake-down, PRS failure, emergency disconnection
- Training on POSMOOR ATA based on incidents with POSMOOR ATA failure, thruster failure, partly and completely black out, engine brake-down, PRS failure, emergency disconnection, anchor line breach etc.
- Training on stability and ballast, including incidents caused by collision, loss of watertight integrity, black out, equipment failure, shift of cargo, severe weather and mooring failure.
To receive Document of Evidence the participants must pass assessment in simulator.