RE-TRENING OFFSHORE KRAN
Booking of this course can be done directly to Simsea. Contact us for more information.
Several directives describe the requirements for re-training on offshore crane. The intervals vary. For example: Norsok R-003 recommend simulator training at least every 3 years, Opito every other year and OMECH that there should be no more than 3 years between every re-training. They all have in common that re-training will contribute to increased safety of lifting operations.
Offshore crane operators certificate G5 or equivalent.
This course aims to maintain the skills of the crane operator and slinger in different lifting operations offshore. The course will contribute to increase the security of personnel, materials and environment in all types of lifting operations.
Duration: 24 hours
- Rules and standards
- Crane systems – possibilities and limitations
- Procedures and check-lists
- Inspection of gear
- Planning and risk-assessment
- Barrier, available space and personnel
- Evaluating lifting operation
- Internal lifts onboard
- Hoist from ship to ship
- Lift through the splash zone
- Compensation for heave
- Installation subsea / topside
- Dismantling and lift to deck from subsea
- Operation platform – ship
- Operation in artificial lighting
- Operation in strong winds
- Internal governing documents
- Emergency procedures
- Correcting unwanted behaviour