The course is aimed at officers that are users of Kongsberg Maritime K-Bridge ECDIS. The course is only held upon request.
Participants must have a nautical education on management level and have completed a generic ECDIS course in accordance with NMA’s guidelines and STCW.
Duration of the course is 2 days (5 hours exercises) and the maximum number of participants is 8.
The course covers the topics:
- Description of the K-Bridge ECDIS solution with all functions and functionalities
- Setting of safety parameters
- Sensor inputs, faults and alarms
- Route planning, validations and monitoring
- Chart installation and updates
- Maintenance and update of the system
Document of Evidence can be printed after the participants have passed an online exam.
The course is in accordance with Kongsberg Maritime’s OIM Makers guidelines for use and operation of K-Bridge ECDIS.