OFFSHORE LOADING REFRESHER (phase 3)
This course is a refersher course for officers working on shuttle tankers. The participants have to have a nautical education at management level, nautical certificate and passed the DP Induction, the DP Simulator courses and the Offshore Loading Basic course or an equivalent course.
The objective of the course is to retrain in safe and efficient handling of shuttle tankers when loading at offshore Tandem-FSO/FPSO, OLS and SBM offshore loading systems. The course has special focus on emergency shut downs and berthing/unberthing procedures, by exploiting DP, engines, rudders and thrusters, under normal and severe conditions and with systems intact and with system errors.
The duration of the course is 3 days and the maximum number of participants is 3.
The course covers theoretical topics such as:
- Updates in rules and regulations, offshore loading systems and general and field specific procedures
- BRM principles
- The DP systems’ possibilities and limitations
- Position reference systems; DARPS, APOS, Artemis, Radius and HiPap
- Unwanted incidents including reports from IMCA, Petil, HSE and ship owners
Simulator cases include:
- Ship handling and maneuvering including coastal/narrow water navigation
- Berthing and unberthing with and without tug
- Approach, connecting, loading & disconnection at various offshore loading systems such as OLS, SBM & Tandem-FSO/FPSO
- Ship handling in different weather conditions
- Escape maneuvering
- Engine trouble
- Propellers failure
- DP errors
- PRS errors
- ESD 1 and 2
In order to receive Document of Evidence the participants must pass a written and practical examination.
The course is developed according to the NWEA guidelines, O&G UK regulations and Statoil’s Competence Requirements and STCW 2010, table A-II/1 and A- II/2