DNV-GL DPO Specialization Shuttle Tanker
This course is for officers completing the training for the DNV-GL DPO sertificate with shuttle tanker specialization. The prerequisite for participantion is completed DP Induction and DP Simulator courses as well as Offshore Loading Basic and seatime according to DNV-GL scheme.
After the course the participants should have in depth understanding of safe and efficient handling of shuttle tankers in close proximity to offshore installations, including safe handling of connecting and disconnecting to loading systems, emergency shut downs and berthing/unberthing, by exploiting engines, rudders and thrusters, under normal and severe conditions and with systems intact and with system errors.
The duration of the course is 4 days and the maximun number of participants is 3.
The course covers theoretical topics such as:
- Rules and regulations
- General and field specific procedures
- Offshore loading systems
- Maneuvering including the forces acting on hulls, rudders and propellers
- Ship handling
- The application of tun techniques, tunnel thrusters, propulsion and maneuvering systems
- Ship and tug interaction including emergency towing
- The DP systems’ possibilities and limitations
- Position reference systems; DARPS, APOS, Artemis, Radius and HiPap
- Unwanted incidents including reports from IMCA, Petil, HSE and ship owners
Simulator cases include:
- Berthing and unberthing with and without tugs
- Maneuvering according to general and field specific procedures
- Ship handling in different weather conditions
- Escape maneuvering
- Engine trouble
- Propellers failure
- DP errors
- PRS errors
- ESD 1 and 2
Participants will be evaluated throughout the course.
This course must be followed by DPO Examination and certification in order to obtain DNV-GL DPO certificate.
The course is in compliance with DNVGL-ST-08 and DNVGL-ST-23.